Matthew Miller

Different title, same MRRRR

All,

For the past seven years, I have been proud to call BVA my home. Thousands of members later, it's amazing to see how much progress we've made. I've had the great opportunity to meet some amazing people throughout the years and still hold strong to these relationships to this day.

Unfortunately, over the past few months, my availability has diminished. Some months I am able to fulfill my position as Deputy Air Traffic Manager, whilst being an active contributor towards the organization, and some months are tougher. Your Administration Team has done a wonderful job picking up this slack wherever it's needed. Lately, this has gotten to the point where it is unfair, and that is where I personally need to draw the line. This organization means a lot to me, and I consider you guys my second family. I do, however, realize my availability needs to increase in order to continue the expansion of this organization. Unfortunately, life doesn't always work in your favor. So, the hard part - the part I wish I never had to do but know it's for the better - it is with a heavy heart that as of April 24th,  I will be resigning as your Deputy Air Traffic Manager.

So what does this mean from here on out? No, I'm not going to drop off the face of the earth. That is the furthest thing from the truth. From an activity perspective, this means I can focus my free time towards controlling and being on TeamSpeak, rather than hiding in the shadows trying to catch up. It means I can increase my presence on the forums, participate in group flights, and offer my help whenever I can. It also provides an incredible opportunity for those looking to move up within BVA.

Moving forward, Clif Whitten has been selected to take over the position of Deputy Air Traffic Manager effective immediately. Clif was most recently the Events Coordinator for the ARTCC, therefore, his knowledge of our programs and system along with his abilities as a controller make him the perfect fit for this position. We all look forward to seeing him excel.

As a final note, I take great pride in this organization. Each and every one of you has incredible potential. For those just starting out, I can honestly say being in this organization has changed my life. I would not be where I am today without my fellow members pushing me along. It is my hope that I can instill a bit of courage and determination into everyone whether you are a controller, pilot, or a mix of both. BVA has provided me with the tools and knowledge to be not only successful in the aviation industry but also successful as a person. Whatever your goals are, you will find success here with a team that cares.

Thank you, and see you on the scopes!

Matthew Miller

MR,

It has been a pleasure working with you on the Administration Team ever since I joined this wonderful organization. Although it's hard to see you step down, I'm also extremely excited that this will free up some time for you to join in on some staff-ups, group flights, late nights, etc.

You serve as a great role model and I am proud to call you my friend. Remember, BVA will always be your second home and family.

Thank you for everything you've contributed to this community!

Clif,

You are the perfect fit for this position and I'm excited to watch as you continue to rise up the ranks. Congrats!

Best,

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager

You will be missed MR. Although I only recently became a member of BVA, I can clearly see that your humor and leadership abilities are apparent whenever you are around. Good luck and hope to see you soon!

Clif - Congrats on your promotion! Looking forward to seeing what you can bring to the table as DATM.

MR, thank you for your time at BVA. As a mentor, fellow controller, and as a friend, you've been one of the people who's helped me grow into this amazing community. You leave big shoes to be filled, and will be missed.

Clif, you've done a fantastic job as EC, and you'll be a great fit in the DATM role. I look forward to seeing what comes from the BVA team now, and I'm sure that you'll be able to step right in and continue this ARTCC's trend of realistic, immersive and professional ATC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MRRRR.  Love you, man!  Words can not possibly express how grateful I am for your dedication to this organization.  You have left me big shoes to fill... big, smelly shoes... all over your old office.  Oh, and, the HazMat guys want to have a chat with you.    :o 

Beers on me at FSC! 

Hi MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Congrats Clif! You're going to do great in the new position.

MR, thank you for all you've done for the community. I know how much must go on behind the scenes that will never be known to the general public. See you around!

MR, thank you for the dedication and time you've put into BVA and the tasks few people even know exist!

Clif, you do indeed have big shoes to fill but I'm sure you'll do a stellar job! Best of luck in your new role!