Evan Reiter

Welcome our Two Newest Mentors!

It is my pleasure to formally welcome Brandon Bergna (BG) and Krikor Hajian (HI) to the ATC Training Staff. Brandon and Krikor join our team of 14 Mentors and Instructors who have the responsibility of providing training to the over 100 air traffic controllers here in ZBW.

Brandon joined our ATC program less than a year ago and completed his first training session on February 16, 2015 with current Mentor Andrew Miller (AM). Since then, he has climbed the ladder quickly and recently achieved the S3 rating (required to work Approach). During his most recent training sessions, his performance and knowledge were both noted as being above average for someone of his level and experience. Brandon is also an active pilot and community member, and has shown -- especially recently -- that he has the 'maturity beyond his years' attitude needed to be part of our air traffic control training staff. Brandon has logged a total of 170 controlling hours.

Krikor began his ATC training this summer, completing his first session on June 23, 2015 with Mike Willey. In one of the first sessions he had, the Instructor working with him commented that he had "A LOT of work-on that need to be improved" and gave him the lowest grade he would ever receive. Typical of HI, however, he bounced back. Krikor has always been someone who takes pride in his work and treats a less-than-ideal scenario as an opportunity for improvement. He's worked hard to prove he is one of our top controllers in both knowledge and practical scenarios. Better yet, he's effectively already been mentoring students and even new members to the community. Nobody is more welcoming, friendly, and happy to help in our TeamSpeak server than HI. And, in less than a year, he's spent more than 360 hours of network ATC time refining his craft.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to apply through our recent application process. We won't always post formally for Mentors or Instructors but are always on the look out for people who demonstrate the interest, passion, and dedication required to take on this important role within our community.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Great job to both of you! I haven't spoken to Brandon much, so I can't comment your experience - but Krikor, boy, oh boy. It has been an immense pleasure watching you control over the past few months. Your persistence and positive outlook on almost everything is something for all of us to learn. I'm really proud of everything you have accomplished.

And most importantly - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Congrats to both of you. Great additions to the ATC staff and I look forward to seeing you both continue to progress onward and upward. You have both had and will continue to have major impacts on the community and your positivity goes a long way. Great job so far and keep up the great work!

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager