Devon Hathaway

Next Getaway

How about a getaway for the south next? there's some great stuff to see down here on the coast, Galveston, Corpus Christi, South Padre Island, heck even just flying around houston can be fun, especially with its TWO international airports.

Devon Hathaway - BVATC Scenery Design  "Cross Devon at or above 4000, cleared for the ILS RWY 9R approach"

How about a getaway for the south next? there's some great stuff to see down here on the coast, Galveston, Corpus Christi, South Padre Island, heck even just flying around houston can be fun, especially with its TWO international airports.

We're going to the Caribbean in two days... is that not "south" enough for ya?

Do you have any ideas for a specific set of featured airports (I don't know the area well enough from memory to know whether the samples you provided would fit the criteria). Ideally, we'd want to feature 3-4 airports that are roughly 80-130 miles apart, without any major airports to be left unstaffed in the distance between them.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest Tom Wise

I propose Duluth Mn. to Thunder Bay Ont. or Northern Mn. in general ... my old stomping grounds.

Guest Michael Garcia

How about a nice northern getaway like Ontario, Canada :P.

Toronto, Waterloo, London sounds pretty good to me :D.

Guest mike taylor

how about a european getaway :) only cos im a brit and feel home sick.

I propose Duluth Mn. to Thunder Bay Ont. or Northern Mn. in general ... my old stomping grounds.

Tom's "hood..."

Dan P.

PPL ASEL - High Perf & Complex Endsr.

KHVN - Tweed-New Haven/KOXC - Waterbury-Oxford

Guest Kevin Wojtanek

If we could get enough controllers to staff them all it would be cool to have KSFO,KOAK,KLAX, and KSAN.

how about a european getaway :) only cos im a brit and feel home sick.

actually moving BVATC to Europe is on the schedule, its still in the works and evan can correct me if i'm wrong but i think we were planning on it being there for like a month or something, give you brits some time to fly on your own turf!! :D

Devon Hathaway - BVATC Scenery Design  "Cross Devon at or above 4000, cleared for the ILS RWY 9R approach"

If we could get enough controllers to staff them all it would be cool to have KSFO,KOAK,KLAX, and KSAN.

We've been to the SoCal area quite frequently -- we just did a getaway in that area, featuring KLAX, KSAN, and KLAS. KSFO requires a second center controller, and is a little bit far to be part of a Getaway event, but we have done Dj events between the two.

I vote Manitoba.

Too many polar bears.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest Ian Taylor-Quiring

Polar Bears? LOL! Do some research!

Guest Michael Garcia
Research? I'm Canadian too... and polar bears inhabit northern Manitoba, especially north of (and even in) Churchill.

This is true!

"Scientists believe there are 15 relatively discrete polar bear subpopulations (four others are recognized for management purposes). A subpopulation is a group of polar bears that interbreed with a range independent of but overlapping that of other polar bears. For example, two subpopulations live in the James/Hudson Bay area, one in western Hudson Bay, and the other in northwestern Ontario and James Bay."

Western Hudson Bay is Manitoba!

http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/inf ... bution.htm

Guest Taylor Uchtman

Comon... wheres the Nebraska love.......................... oh wait............. we have 1 airport worth anything

Guest mike taylor

So are we not going because of the bears hehe

Guest Grayson Ridge
Comon... wheres the Nebraska love.......................... oh wait............. we have 1 airport worth anything

ha! :lol: