Guest John Kangles

European Getaway?

Guest John Kangles

Is there a chance we can have a Getaway in Europe? Or even a RC or DJ ?

Guest Sean Moreau

dont forget ATC phraseology & procedures :)

Guest Erich Mayr

This is something that I've gone back and forth with|

I know that we strive for reality and I blieve that that has contributed to our success and I am all for it. However, when it comes to changing phraseology etc. for ATC, I don't necessarily agree with it. Even when we are in Canada and the differences of phraseology are minimal, I think it confuses pilots. Of course, some pilots will know that it is because we are in Canada, but I think alot of pilots are confused as to why all of the sudden their clearence is being read differently ("Cleared to Boston via the Kennedy 1 departure" vs. "Cleared to Boston via the edmonton three flight plan route") They are either confused by this and or think that the controller is a noob and doesn't know what he is doing.

If we try to do this in Europe (where the differences are greater than that of Canada) I think it will confuse people even more. In addition, I think it would be an added stress to controllers. As it is, we (controllers) are going to have to learn new procedures for nearly everything, plus new phraseology? If the admin. decides to make it that way, then I'll do it and try to have fun, it's just my two cents.

Perhaps a poll is in order?

Guest Erich Mayr

That works too| Except I work Sundays so you'll have to introduce my thoughts to the discussion :)

Guest Chris Eells

Europe sounds great..... especially in those gloomy winter months. I know much of Germany and the lowland countries still rely heavily on PAR and ASR approaches because of the constant IMC...... Europe would be a good place to test controllers on these procedures. :D