Evan Reiter

'bostonvirtualatc.com' Domain Name Decommissioned

The old 'bostonvirtualatc.com' domain name has been decommissioned. We no longer use the domain given our new name, and releasing it allows us to save a little bit of money each year in ISP/domain fees.

Over the past several months, we have tried to remove all of the references and links we could with old 'bostonvirtualatc.com' domains in them. However, we may have missed a few. If you notice a link that isn't working, please point it out so we can get that corrected.

In addition, please ensure you update your contacts. Previously, '@bostonvirtualatc.com' email addresses were being forwarded to the correct recipient. Now, those addresses will bounce. BVA staff members have '@bvartcc.com' email addresses, and the full list is located on the Administration page.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Pilots -> Pilot References -> Equipment Suffixes (EquipmentSuffixes.aspx):

The link for "Equipment Type Suffix Selector" in the second paragraph still points to bostonvirtualatc.com.  Switching the domain to bvartcc.com allowed me to see and use the tool.

I hit almost every link available from the front page this afternoon (before I saw this post) and didn't have any other problems, for what it's worth.

19.png

The link for "Equipment Type Suffix Selector" in the second paragraph still points to bostonvirtualatc.com.

Fixed! Thanks, Jason!

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager

On the Events Calendar, each event contains the text and link, "For more information and event downloads, visit the ***Pack The Pattern/Regional Circuit/Etc.*** page." The links reference the old domain.

Guest 1371944

General SOP:

1. Page 15, Sign-ups, Use of the ATC Timetable:  The ATC Timetable link is pointing to the old domain.

2. Page 20, bottom of the page, IDS:  The link is pointing to the google docs.

3. Page 32, Pilot Ratings Program, 2nd par., link to PRP Website points to the old domain.  Actually it goes to http://www.bvartcc.com/prp/ first and then gets redirected to the old domain.

4. Page 33, coordinating PRP flights, 4th par. has the bvartcc.com/prp link, same as #3 above.

Cheers.

General SOP:

1. Page 15, Sign-ups, Use of the ATC Timetable:  The ATC Timetable link is pointing to the old domain.

2. Page 20, bottom of the page, IDS:  The link is pointing to the google docs.

3. Page 32, Pilot Ratings Program, 2nd par., link to PRP Website points to the old domain.  Actually it goes to http://www.bvartcc.com/prp/ first and then gets redirected to the old domain.

4. Page 33, coordinating PRP flights, 4th par. has the bvartcc.com/prp link, same as #3 above.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot! I've made these updates and released Version S of the General SOP.

Pilots/Recommended Addons/Software

The pilot review links.

Thanks! I have passed these on to Phil to review.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

On the ATC Timetable page (http://www.bvartcc.com/Pilots/ATCTimetable.aspx), the red box on lower right corner to "Leave a message" takes the user to the old domain.  :)

Good find! Fixed. Thanks a lot. If there was an award for finding these, you would be in serious contention. Have you considered applying to work as a web crawler for Google? :P

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team