Krikor Hajian

[11 Feb 1400-1800 ET] Farewell K90 TRACON

7SJP7Du.jpg

February 11th marks the merger of the K90 CAPE TRACON and the Boston Consolidated TRACON (A90). While most of the procedures will remain the same, the old "Cape Approach" will be gone from the radios, to be replaced with "Boston Approach." Join the Boston Virtual ARTCC on February 11th, 2018, from 1900-2300z (1400-1800 ET) to celebrate the merger! We'll have Cape Cod staffed to the gills, including Nantucket (ACK), Martha's Vineyard (MVY), Hyannis-Barnstable (HYA) and the Cape Cod Coast Guard Air Station (FMH).

I’d like to say excellent job to all the controllers who participated in today’s event. With the extremely low weather conditions, I found it quite challenging and realistic. I was able to make flights from KBOS to KACK and KACK to HYA without problems, although I’ve discovered that P3D v4.1 seems to have an out of date frequency for the ILS24. My third flight from KHYA to KBOS was not to be. Three different simulator crashes took the wind out of my sails.  Still, besides the last attempted flight, it was quite enjoyable.

Lantz

"To be successful, believe in yourself you must"

Evan, I looked on this page:

http://www.bvartcc.com/Members/Downloads/AirportUpdates.aspx

I didn’t see any update for KACK. That wasn’t the airport I had difficulty with. It was actually the ILS24 approach for KHYA. I don’t see an update for that either. I believe I do have the Featured Airport Scenery Enhancement installed.

In looking around the Internet, I found the following source for nav updates:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

I may give those a try.

Lantz

That was someone else. I was flying the PC12. I had been vectored for the Approach at KHYA but knew it wasn’t going to work since I wasn’t receiving the ILS. I asked for and was given a hold at LSV until I could determine what the problem was. I looked at P3D’s map and saw it was using an older frequency.

I did some digging this morning and did verify I had the Featured Airports Scenery Enhancement installed. It then occurred to me that ORBX’s FTX Central had loaded some updates recently. I checked P3D’s Scenery, and found that all of ORBX’s Scenery was at the top. I moved all of BVARTCC ‘s Scenery to the top and that updated the ILS Freq at KHY. My library now looks like this:

Anybody see any issues?

Lantz