Camden Bruno

Leadership Opportunity

All,

I have been very fortunate over the past few years to have served as BVA’s Air Traffic Manager. It has been a very exciting experience, working with my fellow administrators to maintain BVAs tradition of excellence in the area of Air Traffic Control. By working together, we have accomplished a lot. To name a few accomplishments, we successfully certified BVA as a VATSIM Authorized Training Organization in affiliation with our Pilot Ratings Program, and also as a Special Operations Organization in order for our group of military pilots to utilize the network. Additionally, we were officially accepted as a non-profit, 501©(3) organization. These accomplishments would not have been possible without the community itself.

Unfortunately, as life has progressed, a variety of factors have made it clear that my time as Air Traffic Manager is coming to a close. The primary reason simply relates to real-world obligations limiting my availability. Therefore, I feel it is best to resign from my position and provide an opportunity for a new, eager, and excited individual to take over. My hope is that this may also spark some new ideas and additional projects within the ARTCC!

With that being said, we are now collecting applications for the position of Air Traffic Manager. For who may be interested, please recognize the enormous amount of work, dedication, and passion required in order to fill this position. This is not an entry-level position by any means and requires a significant amount of time.

I hope that throughout the past few years I have served you well and left a positive mark in BVA’s history. Please know that I will still most definitely be around, if not more than in the recent past. I hope that resigning from this position allows me more time to fly, control, and continue enjoying this wonderful community.

I will continue serving as the Air Traffic Manager until the selection and training process has concluded for my successor. Good luck to those who apply!

See you on the scopes or in the sky.

Best,

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager

Cam - please accept my biggest thanks for everything you have done for BVA. Not only have you had an amazing impact on the organization, but on me as well. Wishing you the best things going forward!

Camden,

I cannot even begin to thank you for the work you’ve put into this community and the time you’ve spent helping me grow, learn, and mature. BVA would not be the professional, entertaining, and friendly community it is today without your leadership and the countless hours you’ve devoted. I look forward to continuing to work with you (and fly with you) outside these roles, and wish you all the best in retirement!

Cam -- this is a shocking development, but, I know you have established an organization here that will continue to thrive after you hand the torch off.

You've done an astounding job at the helm of BVA and will leave some tremendous shoeprints to fill here.  Congrats for an amazing legacy and hopefully you won't be a stranger to the community moving forward!

fvJfs7z.png

Cam,

You have provided the leadership at BVA that has made it one of the most respected ARTCC's in the VATSIM community.  The merger was a healthy, but significant, management task which you and RT lead.  This has allowed BVA to continue to develop, grow and provide new resources into our group.  We all thank you for your leadership and time that you have provided.

Onward,

WY

Thank you Camden.

Not only did you perform with great expertise and confidence - you were also very patient with people like me when I first joined, and had so little knowledge of how to participate correctly.

Thank you for all of your work!

Mark Mayo

N49