Dan Perrone

A-Team Resignation - A Regretful Change of Pace

Since 2011, I have had the privilege of assisting the Boston Virtual ATC as a member of its Administration Team. Three years on, we have expanded the scope and scale of the Administration Team and its members, but the commitment of the group to improving the community continues. As the community improves, so do the members of the community. I myself have been seeking avenues of personal improvement for the past two years, and it is for this reason I announce my resignation from BVA’s Administrative Team, effective immediately.

My life now has taken a drastic turn since I joined the team in 2011. I have gone from a full-time college student perusing a degree in teaching to a full-time aviation employee with a new pilot’s license, pursuing a career in Air Traffic Control. My changes in availability spurred me in 2014 to temporarily step down from my position as the community’s ATC Director to focus on other projects, and as of today this action becomes permanent. Matt has been a valued contributor to the ATC program and the community at large for some time, and over the past year, has compiled and begun rollout of a multitude of changes for our ATC program geared at making our controllers more competent, increasing retention, and increasing reliability. My time schedule and list of community projects would not have allowed me to attach the same level of detail and attention to the controller program as Matt has been able to bring. I feel Matt is best poised to lead the controller community and effect positive change for the program now and into the future.

While I am stepping down from my administrative position, I am by no means retiring from the community. The extra time afforded to me with a reduction in professional responsibility will allow me to focus on community projects which first got me involved with Boston Virtual in scenery. Critical projects such as KBOS v5, a new AFCAD Development, and special projects coinciding with BVA’s commitments to new gatherings will now receive the bulk of my attention. Day-to-day scenery design and implementation will largely now be handled by Pierre, our good friend on the continent who has over the past two years churned out nearly as many scenery updates as I have for BVA over the years. My sole focus for the community will be on these large and special projects.

As I improve professionally and my availability changes in the future, I hope to continue working with Boston Virtual ATC to ensure the continued success of the community and its members. I will continue to be as active as possible with the community and will be working closely, as I always have, supporting our efforts locally in the Connecticut area and acting as "boots on the ground." It has been, and will continue to be, a pleasure to work and play with some of the finest this hobby has to offer.

With Warmest Wishes,

Dan P.

PPL ASEL - High Perf & Complex Endsr.

KHVN - Tweed-New Haven/KOXC - Waterbury-Oxford

You will definitely be missed during our meetings and in our many emails Dan. Thank you for everything you have done over the past couple years as it has not, and will not, go unnoticed.

By the way...I haven't controlled with you in over a year. Maybe we can change that soon!

Dan has made a number of great contributions to our community during his tenure on the A-Team, including (most importantly) setting the direction for the ATC team prior to passing that responsibility to Matt. We as a team are grateful for his efforts over the past years, and look forward to continuing to benefit from his beautiful designs when it comes to scenery.

Thanks Dan for your commitment to the community. Talk to you soon.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Thank you so much Dan for all you achieved during these past years, and thanks also for continuing with the tasks that you plan to work on inside BVATC. Best of luck and success with your personal life! :) BVATC would not be what it is now without your strong dedication!

Gilles | CYUL | Founder of the "TANGO SQUADRON" - BVA member since July 31st 2008

Guest Skylar Richardson

Thank you for everything you have contributed to the community in the years as an A-Team member. Hope to see you on the ATC scopes soon!

Best of Luck in the aviation industry!