Camden Bruno

Position Posting - Facility Engineer (Administrator) - CLOSED

From Nate Oines:

Members,

With upcoming work over the next few months that will require me to travel weekly, combined with a re-location in the fall as I start flight school full-time, I will no longer have the time to fulfill the responsibilities of my position as Facility Engineer (FE). With that said, in the coming weeks I will be stepping down and resigning. However, I will be actively helping to find and train a new FE for the Boston Virtual ARTCC and, in that time, still plan to be active within the community to help out and contribute. If you are interested in the position, please see the position posting below for more information.

Thank you and MOCHA HAGoTDI!

Nathan Oines

Position Posting – Facility Engineer (Administrator)

Purpose

The Boston Virtual ARTCC (BVA) is currently seeking a Facility Engineer who will provide effective management and leadership of the BVA Air Traffic Control facility file development program. 

Key Accountabilities

• Report to BVA Air Traffic Manager

• Develops, maintains and manages the ARTCCs facilities infrastructure, including sector files, alias files, position files, VRC/ASRC files, vATIS, TowerTrainer and ACSIM facilities files, etc.

• Updates and maintains facilities airports, charts and procedures database / web pages

• Must respond quickly to facilities issues and needs

• Employs the use of and manages other ARTCC members' efforts to increase bandwidth

• Maintain a high online presence

• Other duties as assigned by ATM/DATM/TA

• Functions as an Administrator and attends bi-monthly meetings

Requirements

• 18 years of age or older

• S2 rating or higher

• Must be an active member on the network in good standing with a clean history

• Capable of working well in team-oriented environment

• Familiar with sector file design methodologies and utilities

• Familiar with tools such as VRC, ASRC, Gndmaker, alias files, etc.

• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills

Preferred Skills

• Demonstrated experience developing and/or maintaining facilities/sector files

• Leadership, managerial, or supervisory experience

• Familiar with TowerTrainer and/or ACSIM

• Familiar with ZBW airspace and procedures

How to Apply

Applicant must provide letter of application, including a resume to include examples of previous work, if applicable.  Letter of application should summarize the applicant's reasons for wanting to join the BVA Administration Team, compelling evidence to show how the position requirements are met, and how the function will thrive under the applicant's leadership.

Applications should be submitted to Camden Bruno, Air Traffic Manager ([email protected]) and Nathan Oines ([email protected]). This is an ongoing posting with no immediate closing date. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager

Position Posting has been updated to reflect that an S2 rating or higher is required for applicants. The post previously stated S3 or above, however, this was a typo.

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager