Gilles Lagace

European interest in our Regional Circuit

Hi everyone,

This post announces that I suggest to regroup european pilots and controllers in a special Regional circuit session.

Europeans can not always be part of our evening Rc's held from 8pm to 11pm EDT... if their schedule doesn't allow them to sleep-fly in their dreams!

So, I suggest that those pilots and controllers, that will miss our evening time Rc, be able to fly the same routes and benefit from our great scenery updates like all "lucky" others! --- And that means we welcome all members who would accept this offer!

Simple, join the server on Tuesdays at 1pm, EDT, in the afternoon... and fly the Rc routes with us; if you really can not join the regular one!

Just look up the same info, http://www.bostonvirtualatc.com/dnn/Reg ... fault.aspx and be prepared to use UNICOM communications... If we get lucky, controllers available will provide ATC services as they so well do in the evening.

All are welcome for an earlier chance to fly the Regional Circuit, weekly! :geek:

I started flying both runs now... and that is certainly good practice ... as my schedule is so easy!

[ Retired - no pay - no money - just BVA!! ] ;)

Thanks for joining us!

Gilles | CYUL | Founder of the "TANGO SQUADRON" - BVA member since July 31st 2008

Guest Claudio Pais

I'll be trying to provide ATC during these events wherever possible, and I also encourage other European controllers to try and do the same.

Guest Yun Chase

While I am fortunate to live in Boston area to enjoy the convenient event times, I fully support our friends across the pond that like wearing Speedos at the beach to enjoy a convenient event schedule as well. So I think this is a great idea for those European friends to start theirs at 1PM EDT. Who knows, this might actually help promote BVA growth in Europe! :D

(I do worry though, will it mean less participation at 8PM EDT??? :? )

(I do worry though, will it mean less participation at 8PM EDT??? :? )

We really do NOT want that to happen. Some europeans (wearing Speedos at the beach :D ) are so sound asleep at their 2 am and are not to be feared, anyway.

I invite all others to fly the evening EDT Rc as a priority... but we also also some americans and canadians that are working on night shifts, and will wake up just in time to catch the 1 pm, earlier Rc ... I hope BVATC will profit from more attendance all around the clock.

Thanks Chase for sharing my worries.

Gilles | CYUL | Founder of the "TANGO SQUADRON" - BVA member since July 31st 2008

why do you guys have only a few European events, maybe we should try fly more European events at different airports at different countries

Thanks Andy for your post.

Having a majority of american members, it was natural that the first five years of BVATC have evolved around the U.S.A.; it is easier to find charts and aeronautical info this side of the pond. Our membership is now growing elsewhere. We must maintain a good balance of events to please everyone and keep BVATC alive and growing. "European Tour" events are now working forward for us to expand the variety of our flights. Thus maintaning a good interest for all members, controllers and pilots alike.

The last thing we would want to do is grow too fast and have too many changes that disperse interest and participation. We are moving along to make BVATC the best virtual community there is to find, on this planet.

Please watch out for expansion, after we celebrate "Five Years" of BVA. --- http://bostonvirtualatc.com/dnn/HighFive.aspx

I'll be trying to provide ATC during these events wherever possible, and I also encourage other European controllers to try and do the same.

Thank you very much Claudio! We are sure to build a growing member base with you and your "fellow europeans". I found out that aviation is quite a passion in Europe; a member of my team is a real life senior pilot, others practice Radio control flying and all take aviation very seriously.

Cheers!

NOTAM

Tuesday November 1st 2011, ONLY.

Europeans have changed to winter time. This means that our "European early Regional Circuit" will still be flown starting around 19:00 Berlin Time and 18:00 UK .. UTC time ... as for American flyers it will be around 2pm.

http://worldtimezone.net/

Remember that next week, on November 6th, the Americas will change to winter time, bringing back the time interval like it was since spring time. See you! :geek:

A REMINDER...

Hi everyone,

I suggest to regroup european pilots and controllers in a special Regional circuit session.

Europeans can not always be part of our evening Rc's held from 8pm to 11pm EDT... if their schedule doesn't allow them to sleep-fly in their dreams!

So, I suggest that those pilots and controllers, that will miss our evening time Rc, be able to fly the same routes and benefit from our great scenery updates like all "lucky" others!

--- And that means we welcome all members who would accept this offer! ---

Simple, join the server on Tuesdays at 1pm, EDT, in the afternoon... and fly these early Rc routes with us;

if you really can not join the regular one!

Just look up the same info, http://www.bostonvirtualatc.com/dnn/Reg ... fault.aspx and be prepared to use UNICOM communications... If we get lucky, controllers available will provide ATC services as they so well do in the evening.

All are welcome for an earlier chance to fly the Regional Circuit, weekly! :geek:

Thanks for joining us!

This is a simple reminder about the possibility to fly BVA in Tuesday's afternoons ... Thanks for participating!

Guest Cameron Laramee

Hi everyone,

Even though I am on Eastern time, I am free in the afternoon on Tuesday and busy every Tuesday night, so I will try to work ground (hopefully tower soon) for you at your afternoon RC's. I should be around for just about every one until summer rolls around.

Thanks Cameron!

All pilots flying in the afternoon appreciate the ATC services very much, and learn from this essential contact.

We usually fly the evening's Rc as it is, with preferred routes and charts on board. PLease note that we start from the airport that is first in alphabetical order. This afternoon we depart LAS VEGAS (KLAS).

We plan to arrive in KSNA, and if some pilots are able, they try the return leg.

Those pilots and controllers that are unable to attend the official and regular Regional Circuit on Tuesdays are most welcome at 13:00 hours EDT. --- Please keep the EDT's evening event your priority as usual! --- I often can fly both. :)

Ave Europa!

Just a reminder that we experimentaly try to serve European pilots, flying a duplicate of the Tuesday's Regional Circuit, early, at 13:00 EDT.

Look what I found in the weekly ATC Timetable... two great controllers will be active to reach the European audience.

Tuesday (May 8) - *Regional Circuit: KATL & KBHM, (more details found here : http://www.bostonvirtualatc.com/dnn/RegionalCircuitDetails/tabid/129/Default.aspx)*

:shock: Cameron32 -- ATL_G -- 1:00pm -- Mini RC!

:o Evanet -- BHM_A --1:30pm

:arrow: Pilots and controllers that are unable to attend the official and regular Regional Circuit on Tuesdays EVENINGS are most welcome at 13:00 hours EDT.

---> Please keep the EDT's evening event your priority as usual! --- I often can fly both. :)

Guest Cameron Laramee

Hello Everyone,

I thought that I should let you guys know that I will be leaving for the summer on Sunday and not returning until late August. Since I will be away, I will not be able to control the Mini Regional Circuits for you until the fall; so brush up on those UNICOM skills and have a good summer of flying!

Thank you so much Cameron, on behalf of all my TANGO SQUADRON pilots and all members that participated while you were with us providing excellent ATC services. We really learned from your patient voice on the frequencies. We will miss you ... While brushing up our skills! Have a great summer too! ;)

Guest Brad Cutshall

I'm working tomorrow night so I'll be there at the 13:00 mini-rc, unicom or not. Everybody who can participate on 9/4 should help continue this mini event!

Guest James Strauss

My ATC certs are not too far along yet, but I'm trying to get the ball rolling. I was just talking with TheNavyReapers a couple days ago about how I have been logging on BOS ground on Monday afternoons to help out our European membership to get a bit more ATC. Josh kindly corrected me: "...ahem.. not Mondays - Tuesdays.. and filled me in on the mini circuits.

You can count on me to help out with ATC every chance I get. Should be relatively substantial (because of time available to me) to bolster your realism. I look forward to participating and becoming better acquainted.

Guest Brad Cutshall

I feel like this should be advertised on the events schedule and have an attendance roster just like the evening regional circuit, i highly doubt that a second circuit would impair the evening one because even if I had tuesday nights off I would most likely attend both. With proper advertising i bet the European regional circuit could be a popular event on a weekly basis. And, im just brainstorming here, maybe the European regional circuit could be given the ability to every once and a while (and with additional planning) create their own preferred routes around European airfields, and if available, allowing us to download the custom scenery for the event. I dont know how to get European charts, but with the new skyvector World-Hi-Low-VFR it would be fairly easy to figure out.

Just to be clear, this is not about a Regional Circuit event being held in Europe. Instead, it's about the same Tuesday Regional Circuit event being offered earlier in the day to accommodate for the time zone difference of our European members. Gilles already hosts this "mini-RC" every Tuesday, and a discussion about it is already taking place here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3202.

The Idiot's Guide to Forum Signatures:

My Name >> Phil ('Ferrari308guy') | [email protected] << Click To Talk To Me

Inspiration for the Uninspired >> “It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you place the blame.”

Oh, you're still reading my signature? Then try these amazing time-wasting activities >> You know you want to click these links...

Demotivators

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU

Guest Brad Cutshall
I feel like this should be advertised on the events schedule and have an attendance roster just like the evening regional circuit... With proper advertising i bet the European regional circuit could be a popular event on a weekly basis. And, im just brainstorming here, maybe the European regional circuit...

Just to be clear...

And, im just brainstorming here, maybe the European regional circuit...

And considering this forum is almost a year older than the one you are talking about, i feel as if you are incorrect sir.

... and a discussion about it is already taking place here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3202.

Yes, I was aware of your brainstorming. Like I said, I just wanted to ensure that you were clear on what the discussion was.

Both of these threads are talking about Gilles' "mini-RC", so they seem relevant to me...

The Idiot's Guide to Forum Signatures:

My Name >> Phil ('Ferrari308guy') | [email protected] << Click To Talk To Me

Inspiration for the Uninspired >> “It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you place the blame.”

Oh, you're still reading my signature? Then try these amazing time-wasting activities >> You know you want to click these links...

Demotivators

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU

Thanks to all for your comments and brainstorming, keep on bringing them. As BVATC's Event Director, I forward Forums ideas and comments about Events to the Administrative Team (A-Team). I know that A-Team members are daily Forums readers and that everything said here is welcomed and addressed. :)

Guest Matthias Fabry

hi fellow Europeans

I recently became a controller and I really admire what you guys are doing.

Organizing European mini-events is just what we need.

I'll provide as much ATC as possible, I'm free almost every (European) evening...

Unfortunately, I have badminton training each Tuesday evening, so the mini-Rc's won't be possible.

When the summer holidays start however, badminton trainings are suspended and I'll join in when you guys need me.

Just send me a message with planned Euro-mini-events, so I know when to come online!

Matthias, fellow Belgian Ground (I hope I get to Tower soon!!) Controller

Thanks Matthias,

Best of luck for you to become a Tower controller.

We are really try to offer "24/7" server use to all other members in different time zones. The best thing that I can suggest is to fly and control, when your real life schedule best fits your virtual. We will soon be seing momentum with this and our follow european members will enjoy our Events the same way that our American members do.

If a member can fly the regular Event, we are please by this, but we understand that they can replicate an Event, at their own time, understanding that ATC services may be absent. Regrouping with other traffic is always enjoyable!

The Pilot Timetable, used in coordination with the ATC Timetable is the best way to make your availabilities known. :)