Evan Reiter

BVA Releases Updates to KBOS for FSX, FSX:SE, and Prepar3D

Boston's Logan International Airport (KBOS) recently commissioned taxiway 'C1', near the approach end of Runway 33L:

lNtG36q.png

We are proud to announce the new taxiway has been added to our freeware scenery updates for FSX, FSX:SE, and all versions of Prepar3D. Now, simulator pilots can taxi past C1 and go to the full length, just like they do with everyone in real life! (Who am I kidding, people will just take the unauthorized intersection anyway.)

If you currently use the BVA update in your simulator, we recommend you update. The update process is:

1. Navigate to your simulator's Addon Scenery folder location. For most users, this is located within the root directory of your simulator's installation. For Prepar3D v4 users, this is Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.
  2. Remove the "BVA Add-on Scenery" folder (Prepar3D v4) or the BVA_KBOS folder (all other users).
  3. Re-download the appropriate scenery file from our Required Software page, and follow the included installation instructions.

You will know the update worked if you see the new taxiway "C1" as shown in the image above.

If anyone has any questions about the update process or is in need of assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. If you are posting for help, please include the version of your simulator so I know where to direct you.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest Richard McDonald Woods

Hi Evan,

Can I assume that there is no update available/necessary for the FlyTamps KBOS scenery?

Can I assume that there is no update available/necessary for the FlyTamps KBOS scenery?

If you use the FlyTampa KBOS scenery, then there is no need to use our scenery, and in fact you shouldn't because the two will conflict. However, I can't speak to whether George has updated the FlyTampa scenery to include the new taxiway yet.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team