Evan Reiter

2011 Flight for the Fight: 60 Hours of ATC

The Flight for the Fight is on! Boston Center will be continuously staffed until 11pm ET on Sunday!

You can view traffic statistics updated each hour at: http://66.109.25.244/stats/fftf_participation.htm. The last update time is located at the top. Clicking on the hyperlinks will let you view the specific interactions for that pilot. Hope to see you flying at some point over the next two days.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

The final count will be updated in about an hour, but as of 10:54pm ET:

139 pilots

1,722 pilot-controller interactions

839 flight plans

291 hours, 12 minutes of ATC flight time

CONGRATULATIONS BVA! This has been one of my favourite events. I'm off on a 48-hour project and some other stuff this week, so you'll get the full de-brief with more information next weekend and at the beginning of next week. We exceeded the cap, meaning that both BVA and the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Breast Cancer Society will each be receiving $750.

Thank you to every single pilot and controller, especially those who stayed up overnight, for contributing to make this one of the greatest successes our community has ever seen. Now, time to start planning the next great success...(next week, now bedtime)

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest Bruce Prince

This was an amazing event. I was up Sunday morning and there were still 20 pilots in session at 1:30am EST. Still at 12 by 2:30am. I had a blast on Sunday controlling Boston Center from noon to after 6pm. I've done a bunch of time on FSX and an equally large amount here at BVATC. I can honestly say this was by far the best FSX multiplayer/server event I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. Hat's of to every one and especially Evan and crew who put in the effort to pull this off. Lastly, thanks to all the pilots. Not only did you keep the airspace chugging, you helped raise funds for a very special cause!

Congratulations to all! I can't wait to see and participate in the next great BVATC event!

Cheers,

Rogerwilco, Bruce.

Guest Damian Lohrenz

I only had 10 hours of sleep the whole weekend. I had to deal with flight sim crashing and now my flight simulator is a little messed up. I have re-installed it twice and now I think I got the problem fixed. I didnt fly much yesterday. I just have one aircraft that is not responding.

I hope that we can see more events like this but just for fun. I would love to be a controller but I always get a couple more wrong than what im suppose to. I would like to thank Boston Virtual for the great event for the support of Breast Cancer.

And one more thing, If there could be a Boston tower on from 3PM to 10PM Eastern Time that would be great. When the peak service hours are up its 8PM here and I only have a couple hours of flying with a tower.

Hats off to everyone who made this event such a success! What an amazing marathon ATC performance by the Boston Center folks!! You guys probably hardly had any sleep and to keep up often single-handedly with the volume of traffic was completely daunting to me. Very, very impressive -- I just to personally say thanks. And the number of other controllers and all the pilots who participated -- truly inspiring. Thanks to Evan especially for organizing and making this happen!! Mark (redbaron55)

signature.php?id=redbaron55