Evan Reiter

New Technology for the Pilot Ratings Program

This was mentioned in one of the ATC-specific forum sections but since that area isn't available to everyone, I wanted to recognize it here as well.

Fredrik Alstromer (currently a controller in training) saw an opportunity to help out and rose to the challenge. As some of you in the PRP may know, it's been easy for controllers to accidentally mis-type the name of a pilot who's recently passed a rating, creating a duplicate entry. In response, Fredrik volunteered to create a new version of the entry form that automatically checks the database of existing pilots and 'pre-fills' the form with that information.

We hope this will help reduce the number of instances when a pilot's name or rating are entered incorrectly.

Little projects like this to improve our day-to-day operations are easy to miss, so I wanted to make sure the community was aware of the help Fredrik was able to provide. Thanks again!

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

As I said in the other thread, thank you so much, Fredrik! What you did is a big help and will make it easier on the controllers inputting the flights as well as the administrators, who have to fix the mistakes whenever they occur.

Appreciatively,

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager