Krikor Hajian

Cross the Pond Live???

Everyone,

In my two live experiences with BVA (Flight Sim Con and Tea Party) I have had a ton of fun and it has been such a pleasure to meet you all. However, as Tea Party drew to a close, myself, as well as others, lamented the fact that we do not have another live event for over eight months, until the next Flight Sim Con. Someone threw around the idea of a live Cross the Pond; it sounds like a lot of fun, but will it actually happen? I want to see what people think. We would need a place, for multiple reasons mine is not an option, so depending on how many people are attending we would need to make sure we had enough electricity, seats near each other and internet that we do not run into problems. As far as food goes we could order from one of countless places, or find another solution. I am around and really would love to see this happen. Anyone who might be around and is interested, please respond and lets get a sort of commentary going!

I'd be interested in attending if people want to meet up in the Boston area. However, as you stated, we've had our two official live events for the year. SimCon being more formal and conference-focused to demonstrate BVA and what we're about. And Tea Party, BVAs official live controlling event.

Point being that Cross the Pond isn't our event, so we won't be sponsoring the meet-up or making it an official live event by any means.

All that said, if a few controllers/pilots want to get together at someones house and control/fly for the event I think that'd be a fun idea. It's just a matter of finding space, as a purchased venue is not an option. We could also encourage people to meet up based on real-world location. I.e. the folks in the Boston area could coordinate a meet-up while the west-coast folks do the same out there.

Also keep in mind this is during the school year so many members won't be able to join because of that.

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager

I have space for maybe 3 or 4 more additional controllers at my house. We need a switch and probably a 30 foot eithernet cable to pull it off. Could probably fit more if someone has a couple folding tables.

Yea Cam that's all I mean, is the Boston area guys getting together for the day.

Sean I'll have to see, I can probably help on folding tables, at least one for myself :p

We need a switch and probably a 30 foot eithernet cable to pull it off.

We'll need another type of 30 as well...

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager

Don't act like I wasn't planning for at least 2  ;D

Don't act like I wasn't planning for at least 2  ;D

I'm not going to partake so why would you need so much?

Umm....  guys, this is EASTBOUND, so we're starting at 0600L.....    (Or maybe you're saying the 30 is from the night before and you're just going to carry through....)

Umm....  guys, this is EASTBOUND, so we're starting at 0600L.....    (Or maybe you're saying the 30 is from the night before and you're just going to carry through....)

LOL. I'm gonna be honest, this completely slipped my mind. Yeah, no. Unless we organize a sleepover then i'm out. I'm not an early morning type of person...

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager

Yea I forgot how early we start for eastbound. Same with BN, not a crazy morning guy anyway, don't really wanna get up even earlier to drive over...

Yea I forgot how early we start for eastbound. Same with BN, not a crazy morning guy anyway, don't really wanna get up even earlier to drive over...

You mean hitch a ride over? ;)

Nils Backe (NB)

ZBW S2 Tower Bravo On-Peak | P5

22.png

Arrrr!!!!!  For years I slept over at my controller workstation the night before controlling CTPE....  After being on the planning meeting for 4 hours, then publishing our ZBW plan and getting sleep on the floor around midnight or 1am...  Got up at 5ish, checked the forums for updates, went to DD and got 2 extra large coffees (which were later my relief cups) and 2 Baaaaahstin Cream Donuts and then headed back to brief and plug in and control for 10-12 hours!  Arrr!!!!!  Back in the old days....  Arrr!!!!!!!!  :D

Love,

-Crusty Old Bastid