Krikor Hajian

[27 October] Cross the Pond Eastbound

42241973_2270693199612109_4110039902748409856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&oh=93ecf85a1feccd5c66afebf1ede20c83&oe=5C4A95D4

On October 27th, 2018, VATSIM hosts Cross The Pond Eastbound, the annual flight across the Atlantic Ocean from North America to Europe. The departure and arrival airports are not yet selected, so we won’t know whether BOS will be an official airport or not. However, in any case, BVA will have a major presence in this annual event. We encourage our pilots to fly local, or—for the guys who like the tubeliners—to join the fun and reserve a departure slot.

Please keep an eye on this thread for more information as the event draws closer.

Voting for Cross the Pond (CTP) Eastbound 2018 airfields is now open! Be sure to vote for Boston Logan (BOS). Login at http://ctp.vatsim.net and click 'Airfield Voting' to do so. You are only allowed to select one departure field and one arrival field, so choose wisely!

We have been selected for many years in the past as a CTP Westbound arrival field and Eastbound departure field, so hopefully that will be the case this year!

Voting closes on October 09 at 2359z.

Thank you for voting BOS!

UPDATE! Boston has been selected as one of the featured departure airports for the 2018 Cross The Pond Eastbound event! VATSIM's biggest and most challenging event takes place on Saturday, October 27 from ~6:15am-5pm ET.

More information at: http://ctp.vatsim.net/. This is a serious event and pilots who are planning to book or fly transatlantic should be flying an add-on jetliner with FMS/routing capability as well as familiarity with oceanic procedures.

Pilots flying the event book departure slots for Cross The Pond. Slots are limited, and they typically book very quickly. An announcement will be posted on this thread when bookings will open. The same as last time, bookings made will be estimated slot times (+/- 15 minutes) and estimated flight levels (+/- 1000ft). Actual slot time and flight level will be confirmed (via email and via login on the CTP website) along with your full route on the day of the event.

Updates regarding the event will be posted in this thread as well as available on the CTP website. We hope you enjoy the event!

Departure slots will be available between 1100z and 1500z from the following airports:-

John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK/KJFK)

Boston Logan International Airport (BOS/KBOS)

Denver International Airport (DEN/KDEN)*

Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ/CYYZ)

Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD/KIAD)

* Departures slots from Denver will run from 1000z to 1300z due to the increased distance.

Arrival airports:-

Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS/EHAM)

Frankfurt Airport (FRA/EDDF)

Manchester Airport (MAN/EGCC)

Zurich Airport (ZRH/LSZH)

I will be controlling for the event, however, I reserved a booking so that anyone who wasn't able to book a flight could have one. Give me a shout if you want my booking and we can coordinate the swap. Please only contact me if you're committed to flying - I don't want a booking going to waste.

KBOS -> EGCC (Manchester). Departure Time: 12:43:00Z

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager

I will be controlling for the event, however, I reserved a booking so that anyone who wasn't able to book a flight could have one. Give me a shout if you want my booking and we can coordinate the swap. Please only contact me if you're committed to flying - I don't want a booking going to waste.

KBOS -> LSZH (Zurich). Departure Time: 12:00:00Z

Sold!

KBOS -> EGCC (Manchester). Departure Time: 11:32:00Z

EDIT: Gone!