Manuel Manigault

ATM Appointment Oct 24 2018

Ian Fisher has tendered his resignation as Air Traffic Manager for ZBW.  Effective immediately, Clif Whitten is the permanent Air Traffic Manager for ZBW.  Clif is a long standing member of ZBW and holds a wealth of ZBW historical knowledge.  Clif provides continuity from Cam's administration, and he was a supporter of Ian's initiatives.  I look forward to working with him in his new role.

Congratulations!

Mani Manigault

Air Traffic Director

VATUSA | Northeastern Region

Mani Manigault

RVP, Americas

VATSIM

Congratulations Clif! A well-deserved appointment, no doubt. Glad you decided to take the next step.

Gents, I realize this is a bit of a sudden and perhaps unexpected announcement. I have been in touch with Ian regularly for the past several days, and will be able to share a little bit more information here on the forums when I get home.

Rest assured the Administration Team remains focused on ensuring the success of the community, and is looking forward to posting for some new leadership opportunities in the next several weeks.

See you for the CTP brief tonight.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Clif,

Congratulations on your appointment! Throughout my career at ZBW, you've been an outstanding individual, helping lead this community forth and provide the encouragement, nurture, and leadership that continues to make BVA the place it is today. I have every confidence that you will continue to thrive in this new position, and am excited to see what you can bring to the table as ATM, and what we can continue to bring to the table as an administration under your leadership. Congrats again!

Great news! Congrats, Clif! You've always been an outstanding leader and contributor. I'm excited to see what you continue to bring to the table, and look forward to calling you 'boss'  :D

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager

Congrats, Clif.  I have full faith and confidence that you'll do a phenomenal job.

Ian, thank you for stepping forward and for your work to improve the facility.  You have my best wishes going forward!

As we congratulate Clif on his promotion to Air Traffic Manager, we also recognize the contributions that Ian has made to the ARTCC during his short but impactful tenure here. Several of the ways Ian was able to help move our community forward might not have been immediately obvious to the general membership, so I wanted to take a moment to share some of those thoughts with you.

I’m writing this post because I’ve been speaking to Ian a little more than Clif has. However, Clif has had the chance to read over this message and provide his feedback on the content.

Ian joined the ARTCC at a time when we were seen as a very successful, but somewhat secluded, facility within VATUSA. Behind the scenes, he worked hard to help other facilities and VATUSA controllers understand what ZBW is all about. In many cases, this involved spending time in other TeamSpeak servers, explaining most of the time that ZBW isn’t all that different, and dispelling myths and sharing information. The recent increase in activity and visitors is a direct result of these efforts.

When we held the first meeting a few weeks ago to introduce Ian to the community, the ideas and vision he had for the group were laid out. However, as we all know, sometimes life gets in the way. In the discussions I’ve had with Ian, it has become apparent that factors outside of VATSIM made it challenging—and perhaps impossible—to achieve these objectives. The feedback I gave him during these discussion was to do what would be best for him, recognizing that it’s important for people in volunteer roles to really and truly enjoy what they are doing.

Ian, please know that all of us here at ZBW appreciate the short time you were able to be with us, and wish you all the best in every way. We hope you’ll continue to control here with us and not be a stranger!

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team