Clif Whitten

Administration Team Changes & Leadership Opportunities

As you know, it has recently become my privilege and honor to be nominated to Air Traffic Manager at ZBW. Through this process, the Administration Team and I have each had the opportunity to review our involvement with the community. Through those discussions, I am pleased to announce there will be four new openings for those who wish to step up their contribution to ZBW. 

Please review the remainder of this thread carefully for more information on the application process.

A recurring theme in our discussion was the importance of enabling those who wish to contribute their time, efforts, and talents to the community in an administrative context. Our Administration Team wants to ensure there is continued opportunity for advancement, for those who want it. We also want to maintain the continuity and tradition of excellence that has defined ZBW.

In that theme, I am excited to announce that Krikor Hajian (HI) has been appointed Deputy Air Traffic Manager. Having served as Events Coordinator for more than a year, Krikor has overseen some of the biggest and most successful events on VATSIM: Cross the Pond, Tea Party, FlighSimExpo, NEC, 60 Hours of ATC. As Events Coordinator, Krikor has scheduled briefs, managed social media profiles, created rosters, and even ordered catering for in-person get-togethers! His experience and expertise have helped shape countless successful events. Krikor looks forward to continuing to support the community in the DATM role and providing mentorship and support to the incoming Events Coordinator.

After more than 10 years of involvement with Boston Virtual ARTCC, Phil Coyle is vacating his role as Community Manager and leaving the Administration Team. Phil, who joined the community in 2007, has worked a variety of ‘odd jobs’ ranging from developing custom software for members to managing technology, marketing, and community atmosphere. Over the past several months, Phil has worked with Szymon to transition website and technology responsibilities to him. As a co-founder of FlightSimExpo, Phil plans to remain active in the flight simulation community and looks forward to seeing many of you at the Orlando event next summer.

I am happy to announce that Evan Reiter, the current Training Administrator, has been appointed to Phil’s role as Community Manager. In order to maintain continuity, some of the pilot-related training we do, including the Pilot Ratings Program, Ground School, and the Logan Informer, will become part of the Community Manager’s portfolio. Evan will now directly oversee the Treasurer, Member Support, the Social Media Manager, and help manage the community’s relationship with Cape Air Virtual and FlightSimExpo.

As a result of these changes, we are now posting for the following roles:

1. Training Administrator (A-Team Member)

2. Events Coordinator (A-Team Member)

3. Social Media Manager (A-Team Member)

4. Treasurer (Supporting Team Member)

Details about each position, the associated requirements and preferred skills, and the application have been posted here on the forums. Prospective candidates should indicate which position(s) he or she is applying to with the letter of application. Candidates may apply to one, multiple, or all positions. The deadline to submit an application is November 30, 2018.

Please join me in thanking Phil for his contributions to the community, and congratulating Krikor and Evan on their new roles. I look forward to seeing which of our members will step up to continue giving back to our organization.

Krikor - I am so excited to see that you have been promoted to DATM. You earned it. Your contributions to the community as Events Coordinator and as a part of all of your "odd jobs" with facility files, training files, and much more have made a huge impact on the quality of our ATC program. I can't wait to see you continue to excel in your position as DATM. Congrats!

Phil - Thank you so much for your contributions to BVA over the years. A lot of your work was behind-the-scenes but that does not mean it was not significant. Your skill with marketing and design, along with your management of web-related tasks and projects helped advance BVA and allowed us to continue to strive. I look forward to staying in touch and hope to see you at FlightSimExpo 2020 (unfortunately, I can't make the 2019 event).

Evan - Congrats on the new position! Whoever is appointed to Training Administrator has huge shoes to fill, and I'm confident the Administration Team will choose the right person for the job. You will do an amazing job in any position you are in.

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager

Congratulations to everyone on their new roles! Krikor and Evan - I know both of you are going to be amazing and these promotions just show both of your continued dedication to this community that can seriously not be put into words.

Phil - it was a pleasure working with you for the small amount of time that we did. I think a lot of the things you do for us are more or less "out of the spotlight" and I wanted to just say thank you for everything that I'm sure you've done for BVA regardless. Best wishes going forward.

Again, congrats to everyone!

Honestly, my thoughts and words echo those already said exactly.  You three have all done a phenomenal job with this community over the years.  Phil, you'll certainly be missed.  Evan and Krikor, best wishes as you settle into your new roles.  As always, let me know if/how I can help.  Great to see the tradition of excellence in leadership continuing!

My sincere thanks to all of you who give so much to all of us that we can reliably come around and fly under your experienced supervision. I never take the efforts and skills that you guys provide for granted.

Much appreciated.

Good luck to those filling new positions and thanks to those who've given us so many hours of their time.

MARK MAYO

N49

Reminder:

Applications are due by Friday, November 30th

Applications are being accepted for:

1.  Training Administrator (A-Team Member)

2.  Events Coordinator (A-Team Member)

3.  Social Media Manager (A-Team Member)

4.  Treasurer (Supporting Team Member)

Details about each position, the associated requirements and preferred skills, and the application have been posted here on the forums. Prospective candidates should indicate which position(s) he or she is applying to with the letter of application. Candidates may apply to one, multiple, or all positions. The deadline to submit an application is November 30, 2018.