Evan Reiter

• Community Manager
Re: BVAI Questions, Concerns, Suggestions...
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2018, 11:19:18 pm »
One possible solution I have for you is to try to run BVAI as a standalone application instead of using the ClickOnce installer.
You can find a standalone download in my post (#69 on page 5) on our forums, here: http://forums.bvartcc.com/index.php?topic=14376.msg93707#msg93707

Let me know if this helped at all.

Evan Reiter
Community Manager

« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2018, 08:49:51 am »
So far, BVAI has been a total winner; no major issues. The only RW airline I'm seeing white bodies for is Olympic - OAL. Just finished some VATSIM flights in Greece, otherwise I probably wouldn't have run into that airline. A nice to have, not a need to have. Cheers and thanks to everyone for all their hard work on this software.

Abdulla AlAnsari

« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2018, 01:44:26 pm »
Hello,

i just installed BVAI, but when i try and get into the sim, an error pops up stating "multiple objects with the same title name, they must have unique title names"

is there a way to solve this, have i dont something wrong?

Thanks

« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2018, 04:44:58 pm »
Hello,

i just installed BVAI, but when i try and get into the sim, an error pops up stating "multiple objects with the same title name, they must have unique title names"

is there a way to solve this, have i dont something wrong?

Thanks

Please do a search of BVAI folders on your computer. You probably have two copies installed. If you do just delete one of them and you'll be good to go.
Matthew Miller
C1 Controller
Retired DATM and EC

christopher dicesare

« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2018, 01:04:30 pm »
Hello, I just downloaded BVAI and I am trying to add some repaints to them. I went about doing it the way I usually do it. Add the textures, then add the aircraft entry, change the numbers and then add it to P3D V4. I am also using UTL so I can add them into that program but when I check the manufacturer list then my repaints don't show up. The planes from BVAI are there but not mine. The models are great but I just wanted to add some special liveries specifically air asia. Can you help me with this?

Alessandro Usai

Thank you plus one question
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2018, 02:31:12 am »
Hi, I would congratulate with you for excellent works done with BVAI. I can only imagine how huge was/is to make and maintain this add-on.
I have one question: does BVAI works only when a VATSIM session is open or also offline?

Thanks in advance and, again, congrats.

Alessandro Usai

Evan Reiter

• Community Manager
Re: Thank you plus one question
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2018, 03:15:35 pm »
I have one question: does BVAI works only when a VATSIM session is open or also offline?
The purpose of BVAI (and soon-to-be FLAi) is for VATSIM. We've designed the aircraft and model matching rules for vPilot. I've heard of some people who have used this AI traffic package with offline traffic packs, but that's something you would need to do at your own discretion as we haven't designed and cannot support this package for use in any way other than for VATSIM.

Evan Reiter
Community Manager

« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2018, 10:57:53 am »
I launched BVAI control panel this morning (7/28/2018), wanting to be current for Holland-America tomorrow, and I get a message that BVAI is discontinued in favour of its successor - FLAi - which we all knew was coming, thanks to ongoing communication from BVARTCC. BVAi has been a stellar package and the support has been outstanding. Kudos all around.

I clicked on Update on the BVAI Control Center, as was the direction in Logan Informer a few months ago, but it seems to hang on "Calculating file differences..." I understand that an update like this will take some time but it's been like that for over an hour. Closed the update and re-launched it; same result.

Really, launch an update of this magnitude the day before a major VATSIM event???

I'll try it again later today; hopefully, the bugs will have been worked out.

Evan Reiter

• Community Manager
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2018, 12:41:42 pm »
Thanks for the comments Kevin. There haven't been any updates to BVAI in the last 2 months, so you aren't missing out on anything. For now, you won't be able to get access to FLAi as it's in the beta testing phase; and part of that includes disabling BVAI so we can ensure the transition is seamless once things are ready to go.

As long as you still have BVAI installed, you'll (most likely) have the latest version of the platform for the event tomorrow. If you plan to fly in that, I would strongly recommend you DON'T try anything with FLAi (even if it does get released) until after the event, just in case. I don't have an exact timeline for the FLAi release as it will depend on what the beta testers find. In theory, it could be released as early as tonight if we don't get any complaints.

Really, launch an update of this magnitude the day before a major VATSIM event???
We did look at timing but as you can imagine, there are large VATSIM events happening all the time. There's an FNO every week. We are trying to ensure that FLAi is fully released before Tea Party (our biggest event of the year), and this timing made sense with that goal in mind.

Evan Reiter
Community Manager

« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2018, 10:12:48 pm »
I guess I misunderstood the earlier directive; I thought running BVAI update would replace it with the new FLAi, which was not the case.

Regardless, I think I've got it all sorted. I found the FLAi update, started the install and then noticed: "Don't upgrade before a major event!"

Oh well, we'll see what level of mayhem I unleash when I sign on to Holland-America tomorrow.  ::)  Based on past experience, I'm thinking that FLAi will have fewer bugs than a Raid commercial.  ;D

Thanks for continuing to develop a much-needed aspect of our P3DV4 simming experience.

« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2018, 08:24:33 pm »
Installed and tested (minimally) -- no issues to report so far.  The update ran much longer than I expected, but otherwise, all good!

Re: FLAi Questions, Concerns, Suggestions...
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2018, 02:59:08 pm »
I’ve removed the BVAI Operations Center, installed FLAI, set the install directory to the Prepare3D v4 Add-ons folder in the Documents library. I’ve installed the beta version of vPilot. vPilot does not detect any of the aircraft installed by FLAI, Prepar3D doesn’t show it in its add-on folder menu selection. Here is a picture of my add-ons folder:

What am I doing wrong?

Lantz
LZScout - Lantz | [email protected]
"To be successful, believe in yourself you must"

« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2018, 05:29:36 pm »
I'm having the same issue as Lantz. 
I also added the FLAI VMR file in vPilot's custom rules.

Rich Bonneau (BU)

« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2018, 05:57:19 pm »
Same for me Richard.

Lantz
LZScout - Lantz | [email protected]
"To be successful, believe in yourself you must"

« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2018, 06:50:15 pm »
Ryan provided some quick assistance.....
I installed the "no dynamic lighting models".

Try manually adding the following to your simobjects.cfg file in your C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder:

[Entry.??] <-------- change to the next available number
Title=FLAI
Path="F:\P3Dv4 Addons\FLAI\SimObjects\Airplanes"   <-------- change to where you installed FLAI
Required=False
Active=True

Rich Bonneau (BU)