FLAi Questions, Concerns, Suggestions...
« on: January 09, 2018, 09:25:22 am »
FLAi sound great.  Will there be any GA and/or helicopter AI models?

Thanks

Danny
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 08:30:49 pm by Camden Bruno »
Regards,

Danny

Evan Reiter

• Training Administrator
Re: BVAI Questions, Concerns, Suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 02:16:59 pm »
Yes, we will continue to have support for both.

Evan Reiter
Training Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 08:53:22 pm »
WoW!   Just WoW!  Gentlemen, you have outdone yourselves.  Just outstanding work.  Thank you doesn't seem like enough, but it's all we have. So thank you.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 06:36:59 pm »
This sounds absolutely fantastic.  I can't wait.  And I can't imagine the amount of time I currently spend maintaining my AI library and tweaking the model matching rules suddenly being freed up.

Next, a comprehensive scenery update for the whole US, right?  (Hey, a guy can dream, LOL...)

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 12:11:39 pm »
Do we have an expected release date or quarter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camden Bruno

• If God meant man to fly, we'd all have more money.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 12:35:16 pm »
Do we have an expected release date or quarter
Likely within a few weeks.
Camden Bruno (BN) – 1253785
Air Traffic Manager Emeritus

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 08:56:58 am »
Sounds great. Can't wait to get started.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 12:37:48 pm »
Question -- does the library contain support for legacy airlines, such as Pan Am, Continental, Eastern, etcetera?

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 03:26:11 pm »
Question -- does the library contain support for legacy airlines, such as Pan Am, Continental, Eastern, etcetera?

Good question. Currently we do not have support for legacy airlines. We wanted to keep the filesize down as best as we could to improve load times. If there is a need for them then we will definitely reconsider. This being said, you are more than welcome to add them yourself. All you have to do is create a texture folder within the specific aircraft type for that livery called callsign - airline name (i.e. PAA - Panam). Once this is accomplished you can add the entry to the aircraft.cfg like normal, and the model matching code we have written will automatically recognize the addition.
Matthew Miller
C1 Controller
Retired DATM and EC

Evan Reiter

• Training Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 09:46:09 pm »
If you have a few that specifically you'd like to see, I think we could add those in. Right MR?

Evan Reiter
Training Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 10:57:27 pm »
If you have a few that specifically you'd like to see, I think we could add those in. Right MR?
I definitely recommend the exact three I mentioned, in that case.  :-)   And, it's not just for myself -- I definitely notice there are PAA, COA, and EAL callsigns tooling around the US on VAT-Spy from time to time.  Moreso Pan Am and Continental, really, and even TWA every now and then, now that I think of it.  So you could start with those and work in others as you decide it's worth it.

I also understand it might not be top priority -- but, a worthwhile suggestion, I hope, for enhancing the project!

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 04:36:55 pm »
I will definitely try to implement it in future versions. What we believe is the final release candidate was sent to the beta testers last night. I was able to include model matching for COA, NWA, AWE, and TRS. The issue with the Panam an Eastern Airlines flying is that we don't have the aircraft models for them. The AI aircraft developer who does have the 707, 717, 727, and A310 refused to give us permission to use their models a while ago. Although we developed workarounds, we don't have the aircraft for the full fleet of retro airlines. I will definitely keep this in mind though, and try to implement it in future versions!
Matthew Miller
C1 Controller
Retired DATM and EC

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 08:49:05 pm »
Yah, no worries -- I'm sure you're dealing with a vast web of licensing nightmares, LOL!

If it helps, if I had to guess, the majority of the time I see a PAA callsign online (myself included), it's a 744.  (I guess the slight catch is that Pan Am's 747s were properly -100s and -200s.  I'm not sure how much you're bending reality with these, but, that might end up posing an impass as well.)

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 05:53:59 pm »
Another fantastic little thing that BVA has done, especially for new people to the network. I've already benefited from BVA's updated airport files, updating KBOS, and now I can look forward to this. Modelling for new players -
 even killing off your simulator's AI aircraft - can be a confusing process for new people.

Many thanks!
Richard "Doc" Kinne (KE)
Somerville, MA

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 10:19:08 pm »
My first post on the forum and I just wanted to say this is great news! I can’t wait for the release.