Evan Reiter

• Training Administrator
Ground School
« on: October 31, 2018, 04:30:21 pm »
Boston Virtual ARTCC is proud to announce the return of Ground School: focused, 1-hour training seminars designed to offer discussion around common virtual aviation topics. The sessions, which will take place in the Member TeamSpeak, are open to all BVA members, with a specific focus on welcoming pilot and newer members into the community.

Ground School topics include VFR Procedures, Weather, RNAV, Radio Communications, Holds, and much more! The sessions will be hosted by BVA C1 controller and P5 holder Alec Liberman, who is also a real-world CPL-ASEL, Instrument certificated pilot.

The first session will take place on Monday, November 19 at 7pm ET in the Member TeamSpeak, with the second two weeks later. (Sessions and topics will appear below with dates as they are scheduled.) Immediately following the discussion, ZBW will be staffed for members to enjoy the ATC experience, and to put the topic of focus into practice.

Please join our Member TeamSpeak at 7pm ET on November 19 for Ground School. You can find server connection information and a detailed connection guide on our website.

2019 Ground School Topics and Dates
Dates and times will appear beside a topic once the session is scheduled.
  • Radio Communications - November 19, 7pm ET
  • Weather - December 3, 7pm ET
  • VFR Procedures
  • IFR Clearances
  • Oceanic Procedures
  • Holds
  • Instrument Approach Procedures (Part 1 of 2)
  • Instrument Approach Procedure (Part 2 of 2)
  • RNAV Procedures

Evan Reiter
Training Administrator

Re: Ground School
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 10:46:21 am »
Evan, might the Ground School sessions be recorded for future playback for those that can't make the'live' times?

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 10:59:16 am »
It would be great to have the chance of listening the recordings of the seminars since I cannot take part because of my time zone

Evan Reiter

• Training Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 05:57:44 pm »
Actually, we've got the entire series on our YouTube channel from 2015/16 when we did these the last time. Although there have been some minor updates, the main content or subjects haven't changed substantially. You can find them here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj3NQjRgtuE&list=PL3c2KHY17qVqud_42y8NaHeSZiQy25R1B.

I hadn't planned to record these sessions given we've already got edited, clean versions online. However, if it's somewhat easy to do through the teleconferencing platform that we're using, I'll certainly look into it.

Evan Reiter
Training Administrator