Jamsheed Lovelace

• Training Administrator
Going NUts: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
« on: January 25, 2019, 09:32:49 pm »
Congratulations to NU for becoming our newest fully certified Center controller! After spending dozens of hours doing everything wrong without anyone watching, Josh was able to do his job well enough to fool us during his monitored sessions. If you find yourself flying under Josh's control and hear a repetitive beeping sound in the background, take comfort in knowing that you are the one most likely in danger.

On a more serious note, Josh has progressed very quickly through all his certifications (in just under a year). He prepared very well for every lesson and was always prepared to learn and give his best. His dedication to controlling on the network has seen him gain valuable experience while also building solid proficiency. But remember, Josh, this is not the end of learning.

You will be constantly challenged, and Center requires high proficiency and knowledge to provide an enjoyable experience for pilots on the network and your fellow controllers. Be humble and admit your mistakes while also never giving up. Continue to critique yourself, and keep challenging yourself to do better every session. Remember to stay positive as much as possible, and don't be shy to ask for help when you're overwhelmed or feel you will be close to it. Keep up the good work, and congratulations!

May the Vector Gods protect your localizers.

Jamsheed Lovelace (LE)
Training Administrator
[email protected]

Joshua Marshall

• Member Support Representative
Re: Going NUts: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 09:38:19 pm »
Localizer? I barely know her!

Congrats Miss Nunn!!!

Joshua "DDOGE" Marshall (JA) – 1326742
Member Support
------------
Commercial Pilot (AMEL/ASEL)

William Guisbond

• ATC Mentor
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 10:32:29 pm »
Nice!! Congrats Nunn - your dedicated is well noticed and I'm glad you are (finally) done  ;D

Will Guisbond (GD)
S3 | ATC Mentor
[email protected]

Don Desfosse

• ATC Instructor
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 12:31:36 am »
Congrats, NU!  Now it's time to get really smart in preparation for becoming an Instructor.  NUthing teaches you more than when you are teaching!
Don Desfosse (DO)
Now Just an Old Fart
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA
ATM Emeritus, Boston ARTCC

Boston ARTCC - Where Excellence is Routine!

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 10:01:48 am »
Congratulations Josh! It's been great controlling and flying with you on the network, and I can't wait to do more in the future. Well deserved!

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 10:54:28 am »
Congrats, NU!

Szymon Puzdrowski

• Webmaster
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 10:23:38 pm »
When you open up the "Recognizing Excellence" category on the forum, it'll show you the 20 most recent threads where people are congratulated on passing OTSes.
Fun fact: 4 of them are to congratulate Josh at the time of writing this. I think that speaks perfectly to the commitment and hard work NU displayed over the past year.

BVA provides one of the most challenging training programs on VATSIM and it's a great accomplishment not only complete it, but do it all in 1 year.

Onwards and upwards my friend!

Szymon Puzdrowski (π) - 1216832
Webmaster
[email protected]