carchambault

RNAV
« on: May 23, 2019, 10:13:33 am »
Hi. I download the Nav update on a regular basis and I fly B637( free download) with FMC but I can't find the departures or approaches waypoints given to me by controllers and they don't show up on GPS either. As a result I have to ask  to bypass the whole thing and request vectors to the next waypoint...on my flight plan.
So what I my missing ???
Thanks  Claude

Don Desfosse

• ATC Instructor
Re: RNAV
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 07:40:39 am »
Hi Claude,

A couple of questions to help troubleshoot --

1. What is the B637?  Who publishes it?
2. What navigation source does it use?
3. When you say you download a nav update, which nav update do you download?
Don Desfosse (DO)
Vice President, Membership, VATSIM
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA
ATM Emeritus, Boston ARTCC

Boston ARTCC - Where Excellence is Routine!

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 02:59:37 pm »
Hi Don thanks for your reply. 1) Simviation B767   233EI  (SORRY !!!!)   2)FSX Standard default 3) HTPP//WWW AERO.SORS.FR.NAVINT.HTML This is the one you will find in our forum and recommended by Evan

Hope this is what you wanted to know..
Thanks   Claude

Don Desfosse

• ATC Instructor
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 11:18:35 pm »
Hi Claude -- sure is, thanks.  Hmmm.... So far, sounds like you've done things right, so not necessarily an easy answer.  Can you give an example of which fix(es) on which procedure(s) you were not able to use?  Are you sure you've downloaded and installed the most recent version (current cycle is AIRAC 1906, Effective: 23-May-2019)?
Don Desfosse (DO)

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 08:51:43 am »
Hummmmm Not sure Will check...
Thanks

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 09:17:26 am »
Hi. EX: SSOXS FIVE SID MISSING THE FOLLOWING NHANT HURBE ORRR FENWY BUCYC JSTER...…
THIS GOES FOR ALL OTHER SIDS OR ARRIVALS. ANYWERE
YES DOWLOADED THE MAY 19 ???  THANKS CLAUDE

Don Desfosse

• ATC Instructor
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 08:10:08 am »
Great.  And I apologize in advance for the next questions, but we've had folks download the update and not actually install it in their sim, not realizing it, so I'll ask....

1. Which file(s) did you download and try to install?
2. Where (on your computer) did you put the .bgl file(s) that you downloaded
3. If you placed the file in a unique folder (i.e. NOT in /addon Scenery/scenery), how specifically did you install it in your sim?
4. Which sim are you using?
Don Desfosse (DO)

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 03:11:34 pm »
Hi. No problem Don.
1)North America and SOUTH, ILS and fixes waypoints etc..did not install Europe
2)In add on scenery
3)I did not
4) FSX Acceleration
I hope i undrestood your questions.....
Thanks Don

Don Desfosse

• ATC Instructor
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 01:25:29 pm »
Yes, you understood perfectly.  If you put your BGL files in \addon scenery\scenery, I would have thought they would have worked.  I also have not used FSX in a while and do not have it on this machine, so am shooting from (aging) memory.

To be sure, though, you put your BGL files in \addon scenery\scenery, and not just \addon scenery, correct? 
Don Desfosse (DO)

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2019, 03:13:14 pm »
Woops, what is \adonscenery\scenery and where is it to be found, I just put the download to add on scenery....in the FSX file ad on scenery...
Thanks Don

Don Desfosse

• ATC Instructor
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 09:29:56 am »
\addon scenery\scenery means that under the \addon scenery folder, there is another sub-folder called \scenery

The full path, if you were copying files via Windows, might look like:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\

Herve's installation instructions, on the right side of the Fixes page, are very clear and simple.  He even includes a link that takes you to a step by step guide.

Bottom line:  if you only put your files into \addon scenery\, FSX will not find them on its own.  You need to move them to the \scenery\ subdirectory (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\) for FSX to find them automatically.  Alternatively, you could put them somewhere else, but then you'd have to add that new area within the FSX scenery library.  I would recommend the former; make sure the .BGL files are in the \scenery\ subdirectory (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\) (move them if necessary).

Hope this helps.
Don Desfosse (DO)

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 10:30:34 am »
Hi Don. Yes it helps a lot. No wonder it did not work.....

Thanks  Claude

Don Desfosse

• ATC Instructor
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 08:18:06 pm »
My pleasure, Claude.  Just to confirm, all is working now?
Don Desfosse (DO)

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2019, 12:10:22 pm »
Hi. Sorry Don. Not working. Get message   (Scenery.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (Scenery World \ scenery in scenery area 01 not found)          That's when I go in FSX scenery setting to check and it shows RNAV scenery in 01 but when I click OK...the previous message comes on
Yikes, this is getting complicated..
Cheers  Claude

Don Desfosse

• ATC Instructor
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 07:32:03 am »
Claude, did you move your .bgl files to \addon scenery\scenery\ or to the program's \scenery\ folder?  You should have moved them to \addon scenery\scenery\, and you should NOT have made any extra entries in FSX pointing to the RNAV update .bgl files.  If you did make any extra entries in FSX pointing to the RNAV update .bgl files, you should delete them.
Don Desfosse (DO)