New Braunfels Fly-In/Airshow
« on: November 12, 2014, 11:32:49 pm »
Hello all, I am pleased to say that Evan has allowed me to coordinate an air show to go with the Fly-In at New Braunfels Regional Airport (KBAZ). How we plan to have the traffic controlled is there is going to be a radar controller and then there is going to be KBAZ Tower and we are going to have "follow me" cars to park aircraft in the grass area between the two runways and taxiway F. I am making this post because I am trying to find people to perform in the air show. The air show is going to be 2 hours, so the more acts we can get, the better. The performers can be group performances, solo performances, and glider performances (There will be a human operated tow plane, so that's not an issue). We also can use a tow pilot if somebody wants to fill that position. We can also use some people as Follow me car operators. Private Message me if you are interested in any of the things listed above. Also, if any of the performers are going to demo an aircraft that cannot take off or land on New Braunfels' 5400ft runway, there is San Antonio International Airport (KSAT) 24.5nm away with a 8500ft RWY and Randolph Air Force Base (KRND) 16nm away with a 8350ft RWY. I hope to see ally of people at the event.
N8025K
"Blue Skies and Cheese Fries"-Share Aviation
"I have a flying plane!!! Wai

Re: New Braunfels Fly-In/Airshow
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 08:24:35 pm »
I'm completely lost about the details of this event...What cars?
Devon Hathaway - BVATC Scenery Design  "Cross Devon at or above 4000, cleared for the ILS RWY 9R approach"

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 10:27:36 pm »
"Follow me" cars are probably not a good idea. Due to FSX multiplayer substitution, anyone who does not have the car installed in their FSX will see it substituted as another aircraft (probably a 172 or something of that nature), and that will just cause confusion.
Cameron32-Cameron
Class B Approach - ATC Instructor
Commercial ASEL/AMEL, CFI, CFII, MEI
[email protected]
 “Folks, we have reached our cruising altitude now, so I am g

Evan Reiter

• Training Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 12:55:28 am »
Perhaps a side frequency where an ATC-like individual could help direct people to a lineup of parked aircraft?

Evan Reiter
Training Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 01:38:15 pm »
FWIW, Austin Bergstrom International (KAUS) used to be an AFB and it has a 9000' runway and also a 12248' runway. In case somebody wants to show off the Concorde or another fast bird. :)

What date and time?

Also, the Follow-Me cars could be potentially made a required download for the event to ensure that they show up properly and not as the default 172. Just an option.

If anybody has any questions about the area, I am actually local and know this airspace like the back of my hand so feel free to ask me questions.
25K, are you from KBAZ? It would be great to meet another local simmer!

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 05:49:33 pm »
Quote from: "BigBadLou"
What date and time?

The EVENT TEAM (E-Team) has scheduled this Air Show to be held on Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:00 PM, as now posted on our BVATC website page at http://www.bostonvirtualatc.com/Events/CalendarandOverview.aspx. More details will be added when available.  :) Stay tuned!
Gilles | CYUL | PRP Coach | Founder of the "TANGO SQUADRON" - BVA member since July 31st 2008

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 11:37:21 pm »
BigBadLou, I am not from kbaz, I am actually from Bulverde. im about 5mins from 1T8
N8025K

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 09:07:26 am »
Bigbadlou, I'm in San Antonio
Devon Hathaway - BVATC Scenery Design  "Cross Devon at or above 4000, cleared for the ILS RWY 9R approach"

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 11:30:14 pm »
azreark1, do you live in San Antonio or are you just visiting?
N8025K

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 06:02:41 am »
Living now, just moved here last Sunday.

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 12:29:46 pm »
Ah cool. we should meet up sometime. Im about 15-20minutes north in Bulverde
N8025K

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 06:28:10 pm »
Will there be an airport update for this event?

Evan Reiter

• Training Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 12:33:19 am »
I don't think we need one...do we?

Evan Reiter
Training Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 12:39:18 am »
Quote from: "Evanet"
I don't think we need one...do we?
I don't think so. Just flew over KBAZ today, looks still the same.
Though they sure are upgrading the terminal building, it is starting to look like a log cabin. LOL Can we get some green insulation textures and maybe a few Mexican workers into the scenery? :)

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 11:53:07 pm »
I think this is a great idea! I am a local my self, Living in San Antonio and working as a Firefighter in the New Braunfels area. You can also sign me up as a performer if you still got room, I will be flying my mustang... I have to make sure and practice first lol. So yea N8025K i will shoot you a PM
Pilot of A2A\'s Civilian Mustang "American Beauty" Radio Callsign "WARBIRD2"